There are so many New Year’s Resolution party poopers out there at the moment;
‘Oh, I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions…’
‘There are so unrealistic…’
‘Everyone gives up and forgets about them before the end of January’
But I love them and I don’t really care if I never fulfill them the way I originally planned. Last year my resolution was to send one Thank You card a week to different people. I think I only ended up sending a dozen actual cards off but I did end up thanking more people in person for the big and little things they did that made my day brighter.
My 2018 resolution is to celebrate every major holiday and family birthday this year. I have made a list and I am committing to organise something, big or small for:
- Orla, Rob and my Birthdays
- Our Wedding Anniversary (6 Years!)
- New Years Day – Already done; We decided to bring in the New Year with a nice country walk with another family. We met at Spring Wood in Whalley at 10:30am, looked at the pouring rain and then at the two toddlers with us and changed our minds! We abandoned the walk and drove on to our friends house instead and had potato pie for lunch! Still a win in my thinking!
- Pancake Day
- Valentines Day
- Mother’s Day
- St Patrick’s Day (Especially for my Irish husband!)
- Easter Sunday
- St George’s Day (I think this one is going to be the trickiest, there are not many established traditions for St George’s Day)
- Father’s Day
- Bonfire Night
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
Some of these might be a big blow out party and many of these will be very simple little acts of celebration; I’m thinking of baking some heart shaped biscuits with Orla for Valentines day… But the aim is to do something for each of these days.
Why? Because I think it will be fun! I really do not have a deeper meaning behind this than that!
The next celebration date that is vastly approaching is Orla’s 2nd Birthday. We are celebrating on the 13th January with a Woodland Theme party which I am very excited about! There will be more to come on that shortly!
So, what are your New Year Resolutions? And if you have any tips for celebrating any of these holidays please share them in the comments. I’d love to hear from you!
[…] have decided that 2018 is going to be a year of celebration, my New Year’s Resolution is to not miss an opportunity to mark an occasion of have a celebration. I have 15 days marked out […]
[…] My New Year’s Resolution this year is to celebrate each holiday and occasion in 2018. Last week was a bit of a bumpy week for my challenge as it was both pancake day and Valentines day, and we were away on holiday, in the middle of rural Wales! […]
[…] New Year’s Day: Walk abandoned due to rain but had a great meat and potato pie lunch with friends […]
[…] New Year’s Resolution this year is to celebrate every holiday and birthday this year. You can read how I have done so far […]